The free online course “Sustainable Business – Managing the Triple Bottom Line” shows how modern businesses are adopting sustainable business practices to become more resilient. It introduces you to the concept of sustainability and explains why running a sustainable business is increasingly popular and beneficial. Learn about the Triple Bottom Line – a business’s contribution to social justice, environmental quality and economic prosperity; discover the science behind sustainable businesses; and much more.
This free course will be of great interest to business professionals and eco-entrepreneurs who would like to learn how sustainable business practices can benefit the economic activity of the business itself and also the wider social community and ecosystems.
Sustainable Business: Managing the Triple Bottom Line – Course Content
- Sustainability and its relationship to running a business;
- The importance of running a business that is sustainable;
- The term “triple bottom line”;
- What may happen if a business does not focus on their triple bottom line;
- The social, environmental and economic impact of a business;
- Two common views of growth, limits to growth, and no limits to growth;
- Basic concepts of Earth’s history and ecology;
- Key natural resources;
- The interaction between ecosystem services and human well-being;
- Threats to ecosystems from human activities;
- The factors that affect climate change.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Saylor Foundation
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level