Long term investments sometimes turn out bad and leave the investors feeling devastated and at a loss. However with the correct information and knowledge on how to go about such businesses, it is much easier to make wiser investment decisions. It is in this respect that taking a securities course can be of great help.
Securities courses can lead to many career options with positive outlooks. In some cases, the programs take only two to three days to complete, but the only important thing to note is the intensity of the training, its full time participatory nature, and the concentration on specific aspects of the field. Thus, a two or three days programs might include the introduction to the main features of asset backed securities with key emphasis on the mortgage backed securities. Other programs can be several years for a bachelor’s level qualification in investment.
This page helps you find out more about what the courses are, and what you can expect to earn in jobs in securities. You might also like to check out the pages on Finance Masters and Accounting degrees.
What is studied in securities courses?
The securities program includes training aimed at giving students a better understanding of the financial service industry and to equip its successful candidates on to a better career path. Some courses do not take as long as the usual degree programs. Instead, some reputable and authorized institutions have course outlines that last a few days or can be taken online at your leisure. But if you intend to make a career in this area, it is important to take a course that enables you to obtain the appropriate securities license, for example those available from the Securities Campus.
A bachelor’s degree in investment will expose you to concepts and methodologies used in portfolio management and securities analysis. You will study the importance of analyzing trends in capital markets and the global economy as well as how legislation, regulations, and principles of practices impact decisions made in the securities industry.
Graduates of any securities program will have the ability to accurately assess company, industry and market performance. In the course of the program, students or candidates will be expected to grasp the good use of the procedures, terminologies and models without overlooking the use of ABS concepts which obviously comes in handy when handling investments in modern markets based on the new innovative technologies. They will also need to understand the use of financial instruments such as equities, managed products, structured products, and derivatives.
During the training period, the most important areas of study that will feature include the risk factor which is of course one of the most sensitive aspects of any investments whether long or short term. Perhaps the most important thing for any investor is being able to asses the risk factor before you decide to put your money on anything.
Another important area that is covered is the prepayment modes. Once these areas are well comprehended, the program will get to the equally important aspect of the structured instrumentation that is important in understanding the investment procedures. This area will also cover the matters pertaining to balance guaranteed swaps as well as the mortgages.
What are the prospects after taking these courses?
Upon completion of a securities training course, you should be able to have the basic knowledge to operate in any financial market since you will have an elaborate understanding of the terms and instruments that are often used in this sector including bonds, options, swaps and floors among many other instruments. So there should be many securities jobs that you can apply for.
The employment prospects upon the completion of the course are quite promising. Take into consideration that the world business trends are going global as technology steers us into an even smaller world. Many investors want to be able to exploit opportunities beyond their geographical boarders as long as they can be assured of returns on their investments. In order to do this adequately, these kind of programs are just what is needed.
The earning potential for the candidates in the securities training sector are rather high ranging from about $47000 to $72000 and the demand for such will certainly continue to grow in the future since this is a sector that is not yet fully exploited and has room for growth.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BS in Business Administration - Investment
- BS in Business Administration - Wealth Management
- BSFIN - Investments
- And more...
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- Master - Finance
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science : Financial Planning
- Master of Science : Finance
- Master of Science : Financial Analysis
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Finance (BS) (Online)
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Master of Business Administration Financial Services Concentration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Financial Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Financial Management - D.B.A.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business-Concentration in Accounting Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Accounting