Organizational leadership masters programs provide the knowledge and skills required for leading in any stage of an organization’s development, and in these times of change they particularly focus on the skills of transformational leadership. Many organizational leadership programs come under business administration, but they also exist in psychology, education, healthcare, and public administration. So whilst it is usual to get an MBA in this field, it is also possible to get an MPA, MA, MEd or MS in organizational leadership.
This page gives further details about these programs, helps you to locate suitable ones, has details of career prospects, and more. If you have already completed a masters, you might like to check out the organizational leadership PhD page.
What do the programs cover?
An organizational leadership program seeks to provide the skill sets necessary to be an effective leader. There is usually a focus on the skills of transformational leadership, i.e., those skills needed to help an organization to undergo whatever changes are required in order to achieve its vision.
A typical organizational leadership masters program would include a foundation in subjects such as: leadership psychology, human resources, resource management, marketing, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses would then build on this foundation. These courses might include: communication, change management, management decision making, building collaborative teams, strategic planning, transformative leadership, and diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
As the world faces increasing globalization, international competition, changing economies, and changing demographics of the workforce, transformational leadership is required more than ever. This is true in all companies and at many levels, so with an organizational leadership masters degree there are many organizational leadership jobs that you will be qualified for. You would also be qualified to work as a development specialist or as a consultant in organizational development.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions. Most would require an MBA or even a doctorate in business.
List of schools and organizational leadership masters programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Leadership
- MS in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - International Organizations
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Development Consulting
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Futures Studies
- And more...
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Leadership (MS)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- MS - Management
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Management : Leadership
- MS in Management
- Masters: Business Administration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Entrepreneurship - MBA
- MBA - Building Creativity
- MBA - Strategic Management
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Management