As the name suggests, a non profit organization would take any funds or money received and use it to drive forward its mission and promote its activities and services. There are no dividends or payouts to shareholders or investors. Success is typically measured by the number of people who have been helped, educated, or motivated. There has been an increase in such organizations as governments reduce their welfare options that were once common place. A non profit organization faces unique challenges in finding methods to bring in operating finances, maintaining goodwill, and using suitable evaluation tools to ensure success and highlight areas for improvement.
A masters in non profit management provides you with a qualification to advance your career in this sector. The primary focus of a masters in this field is the goal of building skills and networks that help a not for profit organization thrive and prosper. This page tells you what the masters programs are and where you can find them. Click here for information about certificates, bachelors and doctorates in this field.
What do you study in a non profit management degree at masters level?
Non profit management masters programs are designed for those who would like to play a leadership role in running a non profit organization. Such organizations require highly qualified and motivated individuals to ensure they can provide the maximum benefit to society. Due to the importance that is placed on every dollar received, the individuals working in this field need to have the best possible management skills.
The subjects that make up a non profit management degree at masters level will vary depending upon the educational institution. But a typical masters will include such topics as: strategic planning, entrepreneurship, ethnic and cultural awareness, financial management, and human resources and volunteer management. Programs will also place emphasis on developing interpersonal and communication skills, intuition, and compassion.
It is also possible to study non profit management from a psychological point of view in such programs as the MA in Psychology – Non-Profit Management. One of the good things about taking it online, is that you can study a masters or an MBA non profit management whilst continuing to work so there’s no loss of your time for your employer and no loss of salary for you.
What can you expect to earn after completing a masters?
As of 2009, and according to official data, the pay scale for qualified management graduates working in a not for profit organization is extremely varied, this is a reflection of the type of establishments were vacancies are made available. The lowest income would be on a par with the national minimum wage whereas it is also possible to command a salary of $70,000 per year if employed in a senior position in a well known NGO. The figure would depend on the organization in question, the position that is acquired, level of experience, and final qualification.
This is a field in which there are ample opportunities for trained and caring individuals to develop a lifelong career. Though the positions may not be the most financially rewarding, they do offer a type of satisfaction that is missing from the corporate world today.
List of schools and programs
- Offers fully online Business programs with master’s and doctoral programs in business administration and organizational leadership.
- Students may choose from various specializations, including Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, and more.
- Business Administration programs do not have GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Students may pursue their degree completely online, with no physical residency requirements.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Public Administration
- MBA - Building Creativity
- And more...
- Earn a graduate degree from an established university that shares your values of social justice and healthy communities.
- All online master’s degree courses are instructed by experienced, accomplished faculty.
- Our rigorous online master’s degrees can be completed in as little as two years.
- New online graduate students are eligible for scholarships and other offers.
- Master of Arts in Nonprofit Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Not-for-Profit Management
- Master of Business Administration - Not-for-Profit Management
- Master of Public Administration in Public Leadership
- And more...
- Get your master's degree fully online: Advance your career through leading-edge skills and knowledge
- Bring real-world solutions from the classroom into your current job
- Complete coursework around your schedule – when and where it is most convenient for you
- Scholarships and other funding options may be available.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Nonprofit Management
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- The Master of Professional Accounting program is specifically designed to meet the educational requirements of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination.
- Prepare for a leadership role in public accounting, corporate accounting, government accounting, and other fields.
- Stay abreast of changes to financial laws and regulations with a program that is regularly revised by industry experts to keep pace with current trends.
- Students in the Master of Professional Accounting program get access to Wiley CPAexcel’s Video Gold Medal Course at a significant discount to fully prepare for the CPA exam.
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- MS - Management
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration - Governmental Management
- Master of Public Administration - General MPA
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Public Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Management
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Management