As the name suggests, a non profit organization would take any funds or money received and use it to drive forward its mission and promote its activities and services. There are no dividends or payouts to shareholders or investors. Success is typically measured by the number of people who have been helped, educated, or motivated. There has been an increase in such organizations as governments reduce their welfare options that were once common place. A non profit organization faces unique challenges in finding methods to bring in operating finances, maintaining goodwill, and using suitable evaluation tools to ensure success and highlight areas for improvement.
A masters in non profit management provides you with a qualification to advance your career in this sector. The primary focus of a masters in this field is the goal of building skills and networks that help a not for profit organization thrive and prosper. This page tells you what the masters programs are and where you can find them. Click here for information about certificates, bachelors and doctorates in this field.
What do you study in a non profit management degree at masters level?
Non profit management masters programs are designed for those who would like to play a leadership role in running a non profit organization. Such organizations require highly qualified and motivated individuals to ensure they can provide the maximum benefit to society. Due to the importance that is placed on every dollar received, the individuals working in this field need to have the best possible management skills.
The subjects that make up a non profit management degree at masters level will vary depending upon the educational institution. But a typical masters will include such topics as: strategic planning, entrepreneurship, ethnic and cultural awareness, financial management, and human resources and volunteer management. Programs will also place emphasis on developing interpersonal and communication skills, intuition, and compassion.
It is also possible to study non profit management from a psychological point of view in such programs as the MA in Psychology – Non-Profit Management. One of the good things about taking it online, is that you can study a masters or an MBA non profit management whilst continuing to work so there’s no loss of your time for your employer and no loss of salary for you.
What can you expect to earn after completing a masters?
As of 2009, and according to official data, the pay scale for qualified management graduates working in a not for profit organization is extremely varied, this is a reflection of the type of establishments were vacancies are made available. The lowest income would be on a par with the national minimum wage whereas it is also possible to command a salary of $70,000 per year if employed in a senior position in a well known NGO. The figure would depend on the organization in question, the position that is acquired, level of experience, and final qualification.
This is a field in which there are ample opportunities for trained and caring individuals to develop a lifelong career. Though the positions may not be the most financially rewarding, they do offer a type of satisfaction that is missing from the corporate world today.
List of schools and programs
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Not-for-Profit Management
- Master of Public Administration in Non-profit & Faith Based Organizations
- Master of Business Administration - Not-for-Profit Management
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration - Governmental Management
- Master of Public Administration - General MPA
- And more...
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Public Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- MS - Management
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master's Degree in Psychology: Designed for the Working Adult
- Flexibility: We offer convenient online or evening programs to fit your schedule.
- Variety: Choose from General Psychology or an emphasis in Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- Programs focus on the development of critical thinking and leadership qualities, as they apply to your profession.
- Degrees designed for individuals who desire promotion and/or continued academic exposure in the field of psychology.
- Speak with an enrollment counselor today & decide which program interests you!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- MBA - Strategic Management
- Management - MBA
- And more...