Strategic Management is a very important concept for business owners and managers to grasp as it helps in setting the detailed objectives and goals for an organization, ensuring there is a proper road map to success. This free ALISON online “Diploma in Strategic Management” will introduce you to the tools and techniques used in the strategic planning process, show you how to prepare a mission statement, how to develop and execute a strategic plan, and how to evaluate the effectiveness of that plan.
Diploma in Strategic Management Course Content
The course introduces you to the concept of how top management can use strategic practices and procedures to achieve major goals and initiatives within an organization. It includes the following topics:
- What a mission statement is and how clearly stated mission statements add focus to the organization’s efforts;
- How a strategic plan helps determine long-term decisions including an organization’s objectives, goals and course of action;
- The difference between operating decisions and strategic decisions and what a strategic management decision process involves;
- The decision making process involved in strategic management;
- Important decision making steps, from determining the mission or purpose of an organization to specifying objectives and goals to formulating a strategic plan and through to monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the strategic plan;
- Strategic management, strategic competitiveness, strategic risk, strategic flexibility, and internal and external analysis and what role they play in the decision making process;
- The concept of implementing strategy and describes who will carry out the strategic plan and what should be done to align the company’s operations in a new direction;
- Business functions and the factors differentiating Stage I, II and III companies;
- Corporate strategy: directional strategy, portfolio strategy and parenting strategy;
- Tools and techniques that are used as part of the corporate strategy process.
This free Diploma course will be of great interest to all professionals working in management and who are involved in making strategic decisions, and to all learners who would like to learn more about the role of strategic management in business.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 10-15 Hours
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level