The free ALISON online course “Effective Communication and Sales Techniques” provides information on techniques such as preparing for and giving sales presentations, turning objections into sales opportunities, and selling your business vision to clients and investors.
The course is ideal for business professionals, entrepreneurs, salespeople or those starting out on their sales career path.
Effective Communication and Sales Techniques Course Contents
The course includes the following topics:
- The process of preparing your sales presentation;
- How you can stay focused on the outcome by using pre-call objectives;
- How you can adapt the presentation to suit your prospects’ needs;
- How presentations can also be used for listening, solving problems and building relationships;
- The importance of your appearance conveying professionalism, competence, and success;
- How to keep a customer-centric focus and visualize a successful outcome;
- The four components of the SPIN model;
- The specific points during the sales process where objections are most likely to occur, such as when you are attempting to close the sale;
- The main types of objections that you may encounter such as product objections, source objections and money objections;
- The six strategies that can help you handle any objection and how you can turn objections into sales opportunities;
- How objections can help build relationships because they give you the opportunity to clarify communication and revisit your relationship with the prospect;
- The sales skills needed by entrepreneurs so that you can communicate your business vision in a clear, concise and confident manner;
- How to leverage business plan elements such as the statement of purpose and marketing, operational, and financial plans to sell your business idea to potential clients and investors.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Saylor Foundation
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level