The free ALISON online “Accounting – Understanding Receivables and Payables” course will be of great interest to entrepreneurs and business professionals who would like to better understand, manage and account for the receivables and payables, and to any learner who is interested in accounting as a future career. In it you will learn how to account for and manage receivables and payables.
Accounting – Understanding Receivables and Payables Course Content
- How to calculate a bad debt provision amount based on a company’s history using both the aging schedule and the allowance method;
- Managing the bad debt amount for the financial reports by posting that provision;
- Processing the realized loss of revenue when it becomes overdue.
- How to make provision for known liabilities, estimate liabilities such as warranty liabilities;
- How to plan for the contingent liabilities mostly resulting from legal issues;
- Raising short term finance through the use of promissory notes – distinguishing between interest bearing notes and discounted notes;
- Accounting for notes that are dishonored;
- The use of the accounts receivable turnover and the number of days’ sales in accounts receivables ratios and the relevance of the level of liquidity they represent.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Global Text Project
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes