The Alison free online “Diploma in Modern Human Resource Management” describes the principles and practices used by HR professionals and managers in the areas of recruitment, selection, training and employee motivation strategies. Learn about key concepts such as strategic planning, the employment cycle and multiculturalism, and why the HRM function is key to success.
This course will be of great interest to all HRM professionals who would like to learn more about modern human resource practices and procedures. The course will also be of great benefit to managers, supervisors and anyone who may have to take on HRM responsibilities as part of their duties within any business or organization.
Diploma in Modern Human Resource Management Course Content
In this course you will learn about the modern human resource management principles, practices and procedures used by HR professionals and managers in the areas of recruitment, selection, training and employee motivation strategies. It also describes methods used to both successfully communicate with and also evaluate and interpret communication from employees.
- The seven main responsibilities of HRM managers;
- Why diversity and multiculturalism are important to the success of organizations;
- The recruitment process, how to develop a job analysis, a job description, and job specifications;
- The selection process, criteria development, application and résumé review, employment tests;
- Various types of interviews and interview questions;
- The types of tests that can be administered as part of the selection process;
- Compensation planning and development such as providing the basic salary, holiday pay, health benefits and retirement packages;
- Training employees, the goals of orientation, the benefits of in-house versus external training, and how to design an effective training program;
- The uses and applications of a career development program;
- Management and communication styles and strategies that are used to communicate successfully with employees;
- Performance issues that occur in the workplace;
- Considerations for initiating layoffs or downsizing;
- Employee rights;
- Appraisal methods and why a systematic performance evaluation system should be implemented;
- Workplace safety laws and how they apply to specific industries, such as IT, the service industry, and construction;
- Health concerns that can affect employees at work.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 10-15 Hours
- Publisher: Saylor Foundation
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level