The free ALISON online course “Diploma in Hospitality Management with English Language Studies” takes you through the essential principles, concepts and skills required in the hospitality sector. The course also introduces you to the English language skills necessary for working in restaurants and hotels, and the hospitality sector in general.
This free Diploma course will be of great interest to professionals working in hotels, restaurants, or any other hospitality service operation. This course will also be of great interest to any learner who would like to gain employment or a career in the hospitality sector. This free online course is also ideal for workers in the hospitality industry who wish to advance to an intermediate level of English with a focus on the restaurant and hotel sectors.
Diploma in Hospitality Management with English Language Studies Course Content
- The nature of hospitality – hospitality sector and tourism, the various types of accommodation and the different types of hotel guests and their requests;
- Hotel management and the organization of hotel departments and their functions;
- The front office and housekeeping – the organization of these departments and the roles involved;
- Food and beverage services and its relationship to other hotel departments;
- Restaurant operations planning, the organization of the kitchen, menu objectives and planning, table setting and restaurant design and layout;
- Food handling process – food safety and food contamination, and the importance of personal hygiene for catering practitioners;
- Kitchen accidents and how to respond to them, and the procedures that must be in place to ensure staff safety when working with different types of equipment or in the case of fire;
- The English language skills necessary for working in restaurants in tourist areas or hotels;
- How to take customer orders, including asking and answering questions and recommending dishes;
- How to describe dishes and the French terms used in restaurant English;
- The English language skills necessary for working at a hotel reception or front desk;
- How to communicate in English with potential customers during inquiries as well as how to reserve rooms for hotel guests;
- The steps involved in check-in and check-out as well as the vocabulary and expressions needed for these procedures.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 10-15 Hours
- Publisher: Advance Learning Academy
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level