As more companies embrace the global economy and enter the global market, it is becoming necessary for them to include individuals with international business knowledge and expertise on their team. The prospects for a career in this area are growing dramatically. An international business MBA program can put you at the forefront of this changing business environment.
The scope of study for this masters program is very detailed and complex and you will need to have met the pre-requisites that include an undergraduate degree in business and have command of a 2nd language in order to qualify for attendance through most schools. There are online programs available that provide opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals for a degree with a great deal more flexibility than many campus-based schools. However, it is important that an individual who is going to pursue their higher educational goals through an online university, research the schools they are considering and determine the level of work that will be required to complete the program. This page provides more details and shows you where you can study these degrees, both online and on-campus.
What is studied in MBA in international business programs?
The focus of this degree is on the diversity and multi-cultural concerns that are related to a global business. Depending on what your major will be in the field, you will be required to meet core requirements such as management, life and social sciences, financial accounting, introduction to micro and macroeconomics, marketing and the legal environment of business.
In many programs the participant will work abroad in an internship program to learn the business culture of the country where they will be working. The coursework and internship for students has been developed to make it much easier for individuals to own, operate and assess businesses on a global scale. The length of the program will vary, depending upon what the major area of interest is, however the program has an average length of 20 months.
When deciding on the focus of your MBA in International Business program, it will be helpful to do some research into the types of companies hiring individuals who have this degree and what the growth opportunities are. Companies who hire individuals with this degree, generally have a growth rate in the 60 percentile and are searching for specific skills and talents. Planning your educational goals to meet the future needs of companies that are expanding to a global market will help you to enter the market at a more attractive income. You might also like to check out the international business programs page.
MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the business world after graduation. Click on the image in the right hand column to read and obtain a free subscription to “Business Professional Daily News“.
Employment prospects for graduates of international business
Graduates of an MBA or master of international business program are able to expand their careers to a global business market. There are many career options that include business management, financial advisors and consultants. Other career fields available are in finance, marketing, management, country risk management, and other areas within a company that will have regular interaction globally.
The pay scale for this type of degree will vary depending on the focus of your career. An individual who works on a consulting basis, builds a reputation for being successful in their area of expertise, and has the proper marketing skills to continually expand their customer base, may command over $125k per year. On average, a graduate of a masters in international business who has recently entered the workforce will make between $58k and $75k annually.
List of schools and programs
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - International Business
- MBA - Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- Master - International Management
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Business Administration
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration
- Dynamic Virtual Campus Experience – Classes are hosted in weekly, face-to-face online settings that utilize video conferencing technology to create an intimate learning environment.
- Demanding Academic and Admissions Standards – MPH@GW students are held to the same selective admissions criteria as on-campus students, and complete the same academically rigorous curriculum.
- Real Courses Delivered by Real Faculty – The GW faculty are world-renowned leaders in the field, and personally design and teach MPH@GW courses.
- Hands-On Field Placement Learning – Students will complete a customized practicum field experience that is designed to build hands-on skill in a student’s chosen career path.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- And more...