As more companies embrace the global economy and enter the global market, it is becoming necessary for them to include individuals with international business knowledge and expertise on their team. The prospects for a career in this area are growing dramatically. An international business MBA program can put you at the forefront of this changing business environment.
The scope of study for this masters program is very detailed and complex and you will need to have met the pre-requisites that include an undergraduate degree in business and have command of a 2nd language in order to qualify for attendance through most schools. There are online programs available that provide opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals for a degree with a great deal more flexibility than many campus-based schools. However, it is important that an individual who is going to pursue their higher educational goals through an online university, research the schools they are considering and determine the level of work that will be required to complete the program. This page provides more details and shows you where you can study these degrees, both online and on-campus.
What is studied in MBA in international business programs?
The focus of this degree is on the diversity and multi-cultural concerns that are related to a global business. Depending on what your major will be in the field, you will be required to meet core requirements such as management, life and social sciences, financial accounting, introduction to micro and macroeconomics, marketing and the legal environment of business.
In many programs the participant will work abroad in an internship program to learn the business culture of the country where they will be working. The coursework and internship for students has been developed to make it much easier for individuals to own, operate and assess businesses on a global scale. The length of the program will vary, depending upon what the major area of interest is, however the program has an average length of 20 months.
When deciding on the focus of your MBA in International Business program, it will be helpful to do some research into the types of companies hiring individuals who have this degree and what the growth opportunities are. Companies who hire individuals with this degree, generally have a growth rate in the 60 percentile and are searching for specific skills and talents. Planning your educational goals to meet the future needs of companies that are expanding to a global market will help you to enter the market at a more attractive income. You might also like to check out the international business programs page.
MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the business world after graduation. Click on the image in the right hand column to read and obtain a free subscription to “Business Professional Daily News“.
Employment prospects for graduates of international business
Graduates of an MBA or master of international business program are able to expand their careers to a global business market. There are many career options that include business management, financial advisors and consultants. Other career fields available are in finance, marketing, management, country risk management, and other areas within a company that will have regular interaction globally.
The pay scale for this type of degree will vary depending on the focus of your career. An individual who works on a consulting basis, builds a reputation for being successful in their area of expertise, and has the proper marketing skills to continually expand their customer base, may command over $125k per year. On average, a graduate of a masters in international business who has recently entered the workforce will make between $58k and $75k annually.
List of schools and programs
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- Master - International Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- Master of Business Administration - Franchising
- And more...
- An online education institution dedicated to the study of Business Administration and Management.
- Provides guidance and support for each student from their first course to graduation and beyond through its Academic Mentoring program.
- Accepts transfer credits from accredited colleges and universities based on a course-by-course evaluation.
- Offers flexible payment plans designed to help students find the best options for their specific needs including scholarships, fellowships, and employer-sponsored tuition.
- MBA - International Management and Marketing
- Offers fully online Business programs with master’s and doctoral programs in business administration and organizational leadership.
- Students may choose from various specializations, including Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, and more.
- Business Administration programs do not have GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Students may pursue their degree completely online, with no physical residency requirements.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- MBA - Performance Improvement
- Management - MBA
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Business Administration
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration
- Get your master's degree fully online: Advance your career through leading-edge skills and knowledge
- Bring real-world solutions from the classroom into your current job
- Complete coursework around your schedule – when and where it is most convenient for you
- Scholarships and other funding options may be available.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Leadership and Managing Teams through Change
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Leadership Studies - MBA (Master's)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master in Business Administration - Management
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MBA - International Business