As more companies embrace the global economy and enter the global market, it is becoming necessary for them to include individuals with international business knowledge and expertise on their team. The prospects for a career in this area are growing dramatically. An international business MBA program can put you at the forefront of this changing business environment.
The scope of study for this masters program is very detailed and complex and you will need to have met the pre-requisites that include an undergraduate degree in business and have command of a 2nd language in order to qualify for attendance through most schools. There are online programs available that provide opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals for a degree with a great deal more flexibility than many campus-based schools. However, it is important that an individual who is going to pursue their higher educational goals through an online university, research the schools they are considering and determine the level of work that will be required to complete the program. This page provides more details and shows you where you can study these degrees, both online and on-campus.
What is studied in MBA in international business programs?
The focus of this degree is on the diversity and multi-cultural concerns that are related to a global business. Depending on what your major will be in the field, you will be required to meet core requirements such as management, life and social sciences, financial accounting, introduction to micro and macroeconomics, marketing and the legal environment of business.
In many programs the participant will work abroad in an internship program to learn the business culture of the country where they will be working. The coursework and internship for students has been developed to make it much easier for individuals to own, operate and assess businesses on a global scale. The length of the program will vary, depending upon what the major area of interest is, however the program has an average length of 20 months.
When deciding on the focus of your MBA in International Business program, it will be helpful to do some research into the types of companies hiring individuals who have this degree and what the growth opportunities are. Companies who hire individuals with this degree, generally have a growth rate in the 60 percentile and are searching for specific skills and talents. Planning your educational goals to meet the future needs of companies that are expanding to a global market will help you to enter the market at a more attractive income. You might also like to check out the international business programs page.
MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the business world after graduation. Click on the image in the right hand column to read and obtain a free subscription to “Business Professional Daily News“.
Employment prospects for graduates of international business
Graduates of an MBA or master of international business program are able to expand their careers to a global business market. There are many career options that include business management, financial advisors and consultants. Other career fields available are in finance, marketing, management, country risk management, and other areas within a company that will have regular interaction globally.
The pay scale for this type of degree will vary depending on the focus of your career. An individual who works on a consulting basis, builds a reputation for being successful in their area of expertise, and has the proper marketing skills to continually expand their customer base, may command over $125k per year. On average, a graduate of a masters in international business who has recently entered the workforce will make between $58k and $75k annually.
List of schools and programs
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - International Business
- MBA - Management
- The Master of Professional Accounting program is specifically designed to meet the educational requirements of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination.
- Prepare for a leadership role in public accounting, corporate accounting, government accounting, and other fields.
- Stay abreast of changes to financial laws and regulations with a program that is regularly revised by industry experts to keep pace with current trends.
- Students in the Master of Professional Accounting program get access to Wiley CPAexcel’s Video Gold Medal Course at a significant discount to fully prepare for the CPA exam.
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- Master - International Management
- Offers fully online Business programs with master’s and doctoral programs in business administration and organizational leadership.
- Students may choose from various specializations, including Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, and more.
- Business Administration programs do not have GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- Students may pursue their degree completely online, with no physical residency requirements.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- MBA - Performance Improvement
- Accelerated General MBA
- And more...
- 100% online M.B.A. programs offered, with specializations in Business Analytics, Healthcare Administration, & Nonprofit Leadership
- Program focuses on core competencies of Leadership, Organizational Innovation, Faith & Ethics, & Data-Informed Decision-Making
- Courses cover topics such as Innovation, Managerial Decision-Making, Strategic Marketing, & more
- Degree program is designed to be completed in as little as 24 months
- Master of Business Aministration
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- Master of Business Administration - Franchising
- And more...
- IMBA - Healthcare Informatics
- MBA with concentration in Music Business
- IMBA - Six Sigma Quality
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master in Business Administration - Management
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MBA - International Business
- MBA - Leadership