MBA programs are some of the most popular degrees in higher education. They provide a flexible and convenient way for you to qualify for a prestigious career. They usually include a foundation in business with an application to a specialization, such as: human resource management, financial management, information technology management, and business management.
This page provides more details about MBA programs in such areas as: Banking, Health Care, Human Resource Management, Technology Management, and International Business, and suggests where they can studied, what the career prospects are, and more.
What is an executive MBA?
An MBA (or Masters of Business Administration) is a postgraduate program that allows one to pursue further studies in business administration. The course is not restricted to students who have studied business before as it is open to people from a wide range of academic disciplines. It aims at providing knowledge in scientific approaches to management and different areas of business such as accounting, human resource, operations management and marketing.
Business executive MBA courses are certified to ensure that high standards in business graduate studies are maintained. Accreditation also ensures that there is consistency and quality in the program and business schools located in different parts of the world. Executive MBAs can be pursued as full time or part time programs and there are many institutions which offer distance learning and online options.
An executive MBA program is designed to meet the education needs of managers and executives. People from different many backgrounds pursue studies in an executive MBA. Students come from different academic backgrounds, very different work areas, and various organizations. The program is also characterized with people who have a higher level of work experience.
It usually takes eighteen months of term time to complete the program. There are accelerated MBA programs whereby one uses an intense and higher course load to complete the program in a shorter time frame. One can also study part time MBA programs. Depending on the system used at a particular institution, executive MBA distance learning programs can take up to three years to complete.
The program allows you to obtain business strategies and general management skills across different areas in global business. You will usually choose a major from the various ones available, including: financial management, global management, human resource management, marketing management, operations management, e-business management, information technology management.
The program involves individual and group project work, simulations and normal online “classes”. Students receive program materials, module notes, assignments and evaluation via the Internet and email. Usually there are other facilities such as computer conferencing, chat rooms, online bulletin boards and sound or video clips.
MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the business world after graduation. Click here to read and obtain a free subscription to Business Professional Daily News.
Career options after graduation
Online executive programs are beneficial to senior managers who want to enhance their career path. Attorneys, engineers, bankers, scientists and other professionals can take the course as it is an investment in their future. Some of the benefits of pursuing an executive MBA are that it means better terms of service, increased chances of promotion at work, increase in self worth and personal equity.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Management - Leadership
- MS in Management
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- And more...
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- Master of Science in Management
- And more...
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Leadership (MS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- MS - Management
- Dynamic Virtual Campus Experience – Classes are hosted in weekly, face-to-face online settings that utilize video conferencing technology to create an intimate learning environment.
- Demanding Academic and Admissions Standards – MPH@GW students are held to the same selective admissions criteria as on-campus students, and complete the same academically rigorous curriculum.
- Real Courses Delivered by Real Faculty – The GW faculty are world-renowned leaders in the field, and personally design and teach MPH@GW courses.
- Hands-On Field Placement Learning – Students will complete a customized practicum field experience that is designed to build hands-on skill in a student’s chosen career path.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Masters: Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management : Leadership
- MS in Management