Tourism is a major global industry worth over one trillion dollars in revenue annually and it is an important part of the economies of many countries and regions around the world. The ALISON free online course “Advanced Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management” describes the essential principles, concepts and skills required in the tourism and hospitality sectors. Learn how the travel industry packages and sells tourism products through retail and online channels; the relationship between the hospitality sector and tourism; about hotel management, and much more. This course will be of great interest to anyone interested in working in the tourism or hospitality sector.
Advanced Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management Course Content
- The formation and sectors of the modern tourist industry, employment and career opportunities;
- Main priorities of business and pleasure travelers;
- Ways in which travel destinations can appeal to both business and pleasure travelers;
- How travel destinations and tourism businesses can effectively market and promote themselves;
- Role of tour wholesalers, travel agencies and online travel services;
- Characteristics of the hospitality industry;
- Characteristics of the accommodation product;
- Classification and functions of hotel departments;
- Food and beverage departments of a hotel;
- Restaurant operations planning, menu objectives and planning, table setting and restaurant design and layout;
- Kitchen layout and design;
- Proper food handling process and the importance of personal hygiene for catering practitioners;
- Different types of restaurant workforce injuries and accidents;
- Main firefighting principles and basic tasks involved in first aid.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 15-20 Hours
- Publisher: Advance Learning Academy
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level